Location: Petaling Jaya WDM P7
Req ID: JR-0000043597
We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Typical activities include design and implementation of data structures, software algorithms, data path, and drivers for HW cores to deliver cutting-edge storage products.
- Debugs issues involving advanced drive features across a wide variety of hardware and software platforms, including PC’s, servers, RAID, and various operating systems (Windows and Linux).
- Follows department processes and guidelines for firmware development and strives to meet company goals and objectives.
- Works with cross functional teams to bring up new hardware and develop embedded firmware for storage products.
- Documents findings of engineering analyses and investigations.
- Creates design documents pertinent to the various phases of firmware development.
- Validate functionality, integrity, protocol compliance and performance of storage products in support of the firmware development process with guidance and support.
- Manage day to day test execution, debug failures found in test and create/work issue tracking cases to resolution with guidance and support.
- Assist in communicating test status, reports and metrics to firmware engineering and program management teams in support of each programs objectives and schedule
Bachelor or Master in Computer/Electronics Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent required.
C/C++, assembly languages and code development processes with debug emulation and simulation tools.
Capable of quickly learning new firmware, hardware, systems, tools, and methodologies
Familiarity with micro-controller architecture (ARM or ARC), embedded systems desired.
Knowledge in SATA, SAS and PCIEis a plus.·Hardware and software debugging skills.DESIRED SOFT SKILLS
Must have a high degree of problem solving skills and solutions oriented.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively manage projects and tasks to deliver deadlines and commitments.
- Be able to work under pressure for quick resolution and delivery.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.