Principal Engineer, Firmware Engineering
Location: Petaling Jaya WDM P7
Req ID: JR-0000043540
We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Stays current with firmware development methodologies.
- Typical activities include design and implementation of data structures, software algorithms, data path, and drivers for HW cores to deliver cutting-edge storage products.
- Debugs issues involving advanced drive features across a wide variety of hardware and software platforms, including PC’s, servers, RAID, and various operating systems (Windows and Linux).
- Follows department processes and guidelines for firmware development and strives to meet company goals and objectives.
- Works with cross functional teams to bring up new hardware and develop embedded firmware for storage products.
- Documents findings of engineering analyses and investigations.
- Creates design documents pertinent to the various phases of firmware development.
- Bachelor or Master in Computer Science, Computer/Electronics Engineering or equivalent required.
- Relevant experience in embedded firmware development, RTOS and microprocessor architecture.
- C/C++, assembly languages and code development processes with debug emulation and simulation tools.
- Capable of quickly learning new firmware, hardware, systems, tools, and methodologies.
DESIRED SKILLS and/or EXPERIENCE
- In-depth knowledge of micro-controller architecture (ARM or ARC), embedded systems desired.
- Knowledge in SATA, SAS and PCIE is a plus.
- Hardware and software debugging skills.
DESIRED SOFT SKILLS
- Must have a high degree of problem solving skills and solutions oriented.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively manage projects and tasks to deliver deadlines and commitments.
- Be able to work under pressure for quick resolution and delivery.
- Excellent verbal and written skills to communicate ideas to both internal and external teams at various levels.