Western Digital, We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible
Tegile is looking for a Kernel hacker with User space experience who is interested in joining a fastgrowing company building next-generation storage.
you will be part of a talented group of engineers in a very open and transparent environment
- Our product is based on a very highly customized version of ZFS, we have solved the challenges of deduplication and made great strides in caching algorithms making them effective and our product stand out
- .Our appliance plugs into various storage ecosystems given the plugins we have developed
- We have a feature-rich solution that solves most data storage requirements
Qualifications and skills:
Our Ideal candidate would be someone who has:
- Strong C programming background ( C++ a plus )
- Experience developing, modifying building Unix/Linux kernel ( Solaris or illumos a big plus)
- Experience working with various Storage protocols and networking background: TCP/IP, UDP, SNMP, ISCSI, SAS, SATA, SCSI, etc.
- ZFS experience would be a major plus
- SMB experience would be a major plus
- Experience with clustering solutions
- Passion for building scalable and high-performance Filesystem
- Experience in Shell and Perl scripting
- Willing to work night shift in India to align with US working hours is a major plus.
- We understand that you may not have all the required qualities or have necessarily dealt with the challenges we have; however, we would like to hire a great engineer who likes solving problems and delivering a strong data storage solution for our customers. What you will be doing
- You will contribute to the development of high-performance storage system with deduplication, compression, replication, and snapshots
- You will assist with performance analysis and use the outcome of the same to deliver code that makes our Storage system the best
- Help design and develop tools for detection and analysis of stability issues
- Help design and build a proactive response ecosystem for our storage appliance that will help us respond better to situations before they become a problem
- Help with crash analysis of critical field issues and provide fixes for the same
- Building toolkits for Customer Solutions team, tools that help during POC, deployment and ongoing health checks.