SENIOR ENGINEER (SPUTTER PROCESS – MAGNETIC RECORDING ENGINEERING)
Location: Bayan Lepas, Penang
We’re looking for a dynamic Senior Engineer (Sputter Process – Magnetic Recording Engineering) with a passion to innovate and help shape the future of data.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Liaise with New Product Introduction (NPI) and R&D Sputter or Sputter Process on new SMO or new program line qualification activity.
• Monitor Guzik results closely and advise/trigger sputter process for tuning accordingly whenever necessary.
• Understand the methodology for new test module from SJ2 and buy off prior to release to production floor.
• Responsible for benchmarking on a continuous basis among internal and external disk and be involved in product comparison.
• Resource and tester capacity planning in supporting new program or SMO activities.
• Responsible for GR&R and tester correlation.
• Always deal with head division team to continuously improve the incoming head quality.
• Prepare and present EVT package for new program in order to get HDD team agreement to build into drive.
• Involve in drive build data analysis and provide valuable opinion to improve internal product performance.
• Compile and propose Guzik specification to Product and Sputter group based on process capabilities during EEN/FEN/DPPM until mass production.
• Supervise and coach a group of technicians to perform daily task.
• Support Guzik testing for internal process evaluation.
• Master/ Bachelor in Electrical and Electronic / Mechanical Engineering or Physics (minimum 2nd Class Upper)
• Minimum 1 - 2 years’ experience in process, test or manufacturing environment.
• Knowledge of gauge study/statistical process will be an added advantage.
• Knowledge in magnetic recording and heads will be an added advantage.
• Experience in C++ or Excel macro will be an added advantage.
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.