Location: Bangalore India
Req Id: JR-0000041609
We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
Responsible for selling the company’s products or services and maintaining relationships with assigned customer base.
Responsible to grow market share in the region and with assigned customers.
Responsible for expanding and developing accounts along with acquiring new accounts directly or through distribution.
Extensive travel may be required.
• Responsible for managing and generating all sales activities into assigned accounts
• Conducts research, provides plans and proposals to further successful penetration into target accounts
• Calls on accounts, provides administrative product information and/or demonstrations and quotes appropriate pricing.
• Responsible for meeting individual sales goals, builds relationships and influences the mind share of the customer in order to increase sales and market share while maintaining a competitive position and yielding the highest possible returns on sales.
• Position has assigned individual sales goals.
• Collects, compiles and analyses information, i.e., forecasting, competitive information, etc. to utilise in decision making and business strategies.
• Works with and through other departments within company to ensure that all sales activities meet/satisfy all business and/or legal requirements
• Works closely at all levels within assigned account to identify all new opportunities for present and future products
• Uses appropriate internal resources to meet customer requirements/schedules
• Identifies and properly handles complex issues requiring a high level of expertise in decision-making.
• May function as team leader for a major account.
• Receives assignments in the form of goals
• Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends.
• Follows processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
Discretion & Decision Making:
• Contributes to the completion of most programs and projects.
• Independently determines and develops approach to solutions that typically have a moderate impact at the organizational level.
• No authority to set prices or conclude contracts or to represent to customers or to potential customers authority to do so.
• Bachelor’s Degree in business or equivalent experience
• 3- 5 years of related experience in a similar sales role.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Proven ability to achieve sales targets and develop new business
• Work experience in assigned territory helpful
• Knowledge in retail or on-line channel sales preferred.
• Entrepreneurial approach with ability to be a team player on all levels of the organisation.
• Influences behaviour to the VP level, internally and in large multi-national accounts
• Excellent negotiation skills and is persuasive.
• Effectively uses WD sales process, tools and qualification procedures
• Excellent oral and written skills in English
• Fully qualified, experienced professional
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.