We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define
- Assist Snr Manager and/or Department Director to set-up,
maintain and manage an efficient system for GCM team.
- Ensure proper management of Commodity Manager 2 and Commodity
Manager 1, admin assistance
- Manage supplier’s strategy planning to achieve company’s
objectives on quality, supply and cost
- Manage and execute the Commodity Strategy as agreed and set with
Department Director, Snr Mgr
- Plan sufficient capacity and flexibility to support MPS demand
- Cost and supply analysis to assist Senior Manager/ Director on
strategy planning and supplier management
- Provide support on solving materials’ problem & issues.
- Meet Compliance and Safety requirement
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- Coordinate the activities of
Commodity Manager 2 and below
- Detect materials problem and issues as early as possible, action
plan and strategy for solution.
- Ensure his / her subordinates carry out the job responsibilities
- Adhere to WW Procurement policies & procedures.
- To assist immediate supervisor to ensure consistency &
standardization of procedures practices within Procurement Department and
meeting Departmental Goal and Objective
- To drive issues, organizing meetings, setting direction and to
provide strategy for improvement.
- To ensure supplier capacity and flexibility is sufficient to
support planned schedule from PC to meet MPS by products, volume & its
- Maintain good communication and relationship with suppliers, all
sections/departments within WDM and WD overseas plants.
- To ensure proper management of E & O and EOL products.
- To ensure support of VMI, JIT, Buffer Planning
- To manage supplier lead time and liability profile
- To manage supplier’s ERM and BCP plan
- To manage supplier’s VRT standard cost and contract agreement
- To participate in suppliers’ plant audit/visit jointly with SQE
- To conduct & support vendor sourcing, selection,
- To adhere to Safety Policy Procedure at all times.
- Generate ad-hoc report as requested by management from time to
- Liaise with IT department on ERP system enhancement.
- Interact with all level within WDM functional groups in a close
- A Bachelor’s Degree in any fields
- A minimum 4 - 6 years related procurement
working experience on high volume, preferable OEM manufacturing environment.
- Strong in communication & negotiation
- Knowledge of MRP II and other computer
Deployed by the most prominent
organizations worldwide, industry-leading WD-branded hard drives (HDDs), solid
state drives (SSDs) and personal storage solutions deliver the possibilities of
data and high value from the information they possess. WD, SanDisk, HGST and
G-Technology branded solutions position Western Digital Corporation as the
world’s largest data storage company.