Location: Bangalore, India
Req Id: JR-0000042384
We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
• Individual to understand and work in Big Data platform like Hadoop, Hbase & Hive as Software Engineer.
• Contribute in fine tuning and optimizing spark jobs, map reduce jobs, hive etc for performance.
• Involve in data processing, reporting, auditing and governance.
• Create interactive visualizations using the visualization tools and home grown tools.
• Involve in Big data engineering activities for Product engineering group.
•Requires MS/ME/MTech degree in CS or equivalent.
•Strong understanding in database concepts and Big Data technologies.
•Strong understanding in Statistics and Data Analysis is a must.
•Strong Design and programming skill required (C/C++,C#,Java etc.)
•Strong Design and programming skill required (Python, R, Scala)
•Exposure to Hadoop and Map Reduce is must.
•Desire to work in Big Data environment.
•Exposure to data engineering techniques.
•Self-motivated, self-directed and flexible to work in multiple data environments based on the need.
•The ideal individual must have desire to achieve results in a fast moving, dynamic environment.
•A proven desire to work as a team member, both on the same team and outside of the team.
•Ability to troubleshoot and analyze complex problems.
•Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
•Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.