Senior Engineer, Packaging Engineering
Location: Batu Kawan, Penang
We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Coordinate the new product introduction activity between US corporation cross teams (PE, PKG, Test and factory teams (R&D , PKG PE , Test, IE , operation)
· Product design, risk, FMEA, base lining defects during development, DFM, Process control plan etc.
· Closely follow the phase review delivers & improvement, process characterization & design with margin.
· Review Package design: BD, stack-up, substrate etc.
· Generate Process flow, update system & T-card.
· Consolidate key gap closure action items and drive execution.
· Facilitate collection of data required to make risk decisions
· Ensure timely resolution of project team action & packaging issue items
· Ensure effective hand shaking process of new device/product introduction to the line and new process technology capabilities developments.
· Fully participate to resolve the issue thru teamwork, and be the main coordinator for any internal/ external audit programs.
· Bachelor degree or above in Mechanical/Material/Electrical/Physics Engineering
· 5+ years of process engineering experience in semiconductor assembly and test manufacturing plant.
· Be familiar with memory product (Flash is preferred)
Generic & Functional Skills / competencies
· Must have experience and knowledge at Package Assembly & testing
· Experience on high die stack up to 8-16Dies & electrical- physical failures correlation.
· Define baseline defects matrix for sustaining engineering.
· Basic understanding of package level quality & reliability.
· Proficient in standard business application software, Tools & standard engineering method (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, AutoCAD, JMP, SPC, DOE, DMAIC, 8D,5-why etc.).
· A proven desire to work as a team member, both on the same team and outside of the team.
· Ability to troubleshoot and analyze complex problems.
· Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
· Excellent English communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.