Senior Engineer, Process Engineering
Location: Batu Kawan, Penang
We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Documentation: SOP, WI, FMEA, OCAP and Control Plan for related process.
· Ensure effective hand shaking process of new device/product introduction to the line and new process technology capabilities developments.
· Responsible for new material/component first articles inspection and final buyoff.
· Continuous improvement on direct/indirect material cost down & yield enhancement program.
· Ensure robustness of process control to meet yield & thru-put expectation.
· Report any non-conformance/customer complains issue and develop/follow up the improvement actions.
· Fully participate to resolve the issue thru teamwork, and be the main coordinator for any internal/ external audit programs.
· Bachelor degree or above in Mechanical/Material/Electrical/Physics Engineering
· 5+ years of process engineering experience in semiconductor assembly and test manufacturing plant.
Generic & Functional Skills / competencies
· Must have experience and knowledge at Molding process (TOWA PMC/YPS) & Compound critical properties (Kyocera /Sumitomo/Hitachi), control.
· Develop new recipe with fully process Chz & failures root-cause analysis n improvement,
· Proficient in standard business application software, Tools & standard engineering method (JMP Word, Excel, PowerPoint, AutoCAD, SPC, DOE, DMAIC, 8D,5-why, 5M+1E, FMEA,etc.).
· With mold flow simulation skill or knowledge will be preferred
· Hands on skill with machine / Mold tool setup & PM will be preferred
· Basic understanding of package level testing & reliability
· A proven desire to work as a team member, both on the same team and outside of the team.
· Ability to troubleshoot and analyze complex problems.
· Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
· Excellent English communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.