The Datacenter Systems (DCS) Business Unit is a dynamic organization that is enabling customers to store and derive value from data forever. Building on our leadership, expertise and innovations in storage technologies, we are delivering software based, scale-out storage systems for enterprise and cloud service providers.
The DCS Software Engineering team is seeking a DevOps Engineer position to expand our offerings for our enterprise and cloud storage provider customers that help us grow our business faster.
How to tell if you’ll love this position
You are passionate about supporting an engineering organization in various DevOps job functions such that you enable the engineering teams in creating data storage products that can change the world. You thrive on the day-to-day collaboration with engineers, reaching across team boundaries to make the right things happen. And, finally, with your strong entrepreneur bias, you have a contagious desire to continually improve how things are executed.
- Design and develop in-house applications supporting the build infrastructure. Automate operations and workflows.
- Implement monitoring and alerting. Analyze metrics to enable capacity planning
- Continuous improvement of processes and tools. Streamline and document process.
- Maintain build infrastructure and processes
- Migrate to IT hosted services for new infrastructure and processes
- React to service interruptions, trouble shoot and resolve issues. Perform post mortem analysis, make recommendations and implement tooling
- BSCS with 4 to 6 years’ experience in DevOps and software development
- Strong programming experience in Python. Shell scripting.
- Experience in automation, CI/Jenkins, build tools, monitoring and analyzing metrics.
- Experience in management and maintenance of source code repository – GitLab or Bitbucket
- Experience with configuration management using Ansible or equivalent
- Strong problem-solving skills with ability to debug complex problems, RCA, collaborate with teams and roll out changes
- Knowledgeable in Networking
- Experience in developing, managing, and deploying containerized environments like Docker/Kubernetes a plus
- Experience with debugging and developing applications on VMWare infrastructure a plus
- Experience with AWS services a plus