We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
The Senior Director, Human Resources - Advanced Technology will be responsible for providing strategic HR Business partner support for the global advanced technology groups at Western Digital. This role leads a team of HRBP’s to identify and support the global talent strategies required to execute the business unit strategies and represents the voice of the business on the HR Leadership team as we set strategic HR direction and determine initiatives for the company. The position reports to the Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Acts as a trusted advisor and strategic HR partner to a designated senior executive
Actively participates with business leaders to plan and execute effective business strategies
Leverages deep understanding of the business to translate business plans into clear business-focused talent, engagement and organization strategies that achieve business outcomes
Ensures strong execution of identified people strategies
Drives the BU talent agenda and provide clear leadership on BU talent management – including assessing, developing, coaching and mentoring critical executive talent as part of implementing the company-wide talent management processes
Supports BU level M&A activity – both in assessing targets, evaluating cultural alignment, and ensuring smooth implementation and harmonization
Actively engages with business leaders to ensure organization effectiveness and optimal organization design
Develops and leads a strong, high performing HR Business Partner team that has deep connection to the business and drives/creates tangible business value
Provides change management counsel and support
Partners with executives on executive hiring and reward decisions
Leads and participates in cross-functional working teams on strategic initiatives
Actively engage and collaborate with the HR Leadership Team to lead functional transformation, determine proactive enterprise-wide strategic priorities, and drive positive business results
Proactively partner and collaborate across the global HR organization, share information, and provide thought leadership and a solution-oriented mindset to optimize the business value of the HR function
Effectively and strategically manage assigned budget
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent with Master degree or relevant certification preferred
- 12 years plus of experience in Human Resources or relevant experience with at least 8 years leading/managing teams in a global environment.
- Experience providing strategic HR support for semi-conductor engineering, R&D and innovations preferred.
- Demonstrates an inclusive leadership style with an emphasis on results and developing high performing team members
- Experience working and navigating globally - experience working with Asia markets and cultures a plus
- Demonstrated success in developing cutting edge global strategy and driving process improvements in a global workplace.
- Experience leading transformation.
- Proven track record of influencing, leading and facilitating large scale strategic initiatives with multiple senior stakeholders (Exec Leadership Team and Business Leadership Sponsors).
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and collaborative skills (including presentation skills) across levels, with an ability to persuade and influence, and the ability to build enthusiasm and commitment
- Goal-oriented, proactive, accountable and passionate about driving results
- Strong business and financial acumen
- An agile and continuous learner with personal resilience and an ability to deal with ambiguity
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.
WD COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
At Western Digital, we thrive on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe that the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe that the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.