The Program Manager will be responsible for the management of new technologies or Cloud customer opportunities for HDD products. To develop and mature these opportunities or technologies from initial concept or component testing into readiness to deploy on next generation products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Defining the requirements and ensuring alignment between Development teams (HDD & Component) over the course of the technology development.
- Working with the staging development teams (HDD & Component) to put together the detailed staging plan for the technology.
- Defining the goals of the key staging checkpoints for the technology to align with the Technology Staging Process.
- Working with the staging development teams (HDD & Component) to put together the key technical reviews for the technology.
- Managing the development budget for the technology to meet the budget.
- Collaborating with Engineering to estimate the resources and costs to deliver the staging technology.
- Creating and managing the integrated staging schedule consisting of development milestones.
- Collaborating with Marketing on the timeline for deployment for long term roadmap of the technology.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree (CS, EE, CE) or equivalent with a minimum of 5-10 years of related experience.
- The ideal individual must have proven ability to achieve results in a fast moving, dynamic environment.
- Self-motivated and self-directed, however, must have demonstrated ability to work well with people both on the same team and outside of the team.
- Ability to troubleshoot and analyze complex problems then prioritize, manage and communicate risks, evaluating tradeoffs and setting direction that enables teams to move forward.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.