Key function is to act as a primary contact between Western Digital and the customer. There will be specific customer assignment that requires a close work relationship with the regionally based Sales Manager. The Account Manager will provide day-to-day direction on overall EMEA business requirements, policies and processes to the customer. The Sales Manager will provide dayto-day direction on customer specific subjects.
This is not a sales position
Essential Duties and responsibilities:
· Business Processing: Receiving and processing customer’s transactions and data in accordance with the customer account manager training, procedure manual and directives, Sell-thru and inventory, demand forecast, order processing, provide the customer with data as agreed with the sales manager and team manager, price information, product related information, availability and supply information
· Business analysis: Analyzing the customers weekly sell through and inventory, along with other new business information recently obtained from customer, to assess and recommend the close in business volumes, discuss and agree customer actions with sales manager, identify sales manager’s exposures to sales plan and/or previous outlook and assist sales manager in any sales plan/prior outlook de-commitments, where agreed with sales manager, discuss close in demand with customer, commit Western Digital supply based on availability knowledge provided by master scheduler, follow the allocation tracking/ consumption process
· Backlog management: Update and maintain the customer backlog as an accurate reflection of the customer requirements
· Logistics: Agree logistic requirements with customer and arrange accordingly with logistics, monitor logistic arrangements to ensure compliance, proactively discuss deviations with customer
· Price management: Communicate pricing and programs to the customers based on WD policies, Valuate customer’s credit claim and coordinate its resolution with the credit department and Marketing
· Data management: Follow the procedures, as defined in the Account Manager Training, Procedure Manual and Directives received from Management, to correctly process all transactions relating to the above and to correctly maintain the customer account
· Processes and policies: Ensure all processes and policies are complied with, as defined in the Account Manager Training, Procedure Manual and Directives received from Management.
Education and Experience:
· 3-5 years systems and data entry experience
· Account management, account servicing, corporate customer service, sales operations, or similar role
· Administrative experience