We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Has daily oversight and management responsibility for the employee benefits including group health plans, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, dental, vision, life insurance and other benefit plans.
- Manages benefits staff responsible for day to day administration of medical, dental, vision, life and other benefits. Is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that team.
- Prepares, and maintains benefits description booklets, annual statements, and certificates.
- Educates employees on company benefits and assists, as needed, with enrolling in benefits and making permitted changes.
- Handles matters escalated from the Benefits Specialists.
- Serves as a back up to Benefits Specialists
- Assists with the evaluation and comparison of company benefits with those of other employers by reviewing other plans and participating in surveys. Analyze results of surveys and develop specific recommendations for review by management.
- Implements and develops processes for approved new plans or changes to existing plans by preparing communications, gathering summary plan documents, setting up necessary information in internal systems and ensuring training is complete for benefits and other teams.
- Ensures benefits team members are cross-trained on primary areas of responsibility to ensure coverage during team absences.
- Work with consultants to plan for annual renewals, pricing and development of communications for employees
- Works with other members of the Human Resources team to ensure knowledge transfer as needed to support the Benefits department.
- Develops plan for dissemination of information to employees during annual open enrollment.
- Works with legal and procurement teams to finalize benefit agreements for new providers and vendors.
- Provides consultants with information needed to prepare annual 5500s
- Prepares and issues 1095 forms in compliance with ACA
- Helps ensure the accuracy of all benefits elections in the system to provide vendors and payroll with accurate eligibility, enrollment and payroll deduction information.
- Handles benefit inquiries and complaints to ensure quick, equitable, courteous resolution.
- Works with other teams for annual open enrollment system set up and testing.
- Remains current on and ensures compliance with all government regulations involving payroll and benefits, including Fair Labor Standards Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, ERISA, HIPAA, ACA and other statutory regulations.
- Oversees audits of benefit data and ensures accuracy of benefit-related information in HR system, payroll and vendor systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience including management oversight of a benefits department.
- Experience using Workday.
- Ceridian payroll system experience beneficial.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint). Strong understanding of HRIS systems, and custom queries.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast pace environment required.
- Advanced written, verbal, and interpersonal skills in order to effectively communicate policies and procedures to all levels of staff and management.
- Advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
- Familiarity with federal and state legislation regarding benefits practices
- Able to handle high level of confidentiality regarding employee information & confidential organizational changes.
- Excellent planning, time management, communication, decision-making, presentation, organization, and interpersonal skills.
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.