Senior Engineer, Firmware Engineering
Location: Bangalore, India
Req Id: JR-0000042392
We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
• Able to automate and develop validation solutions for enterprise SSD Firmware.
• Develop test cases, test scripts (python), execute test, debug and log defects.
• Understand product and protocol specification, develop tests to validate FW (SSD) against the specification.
• Work with development team to understand the feature and develop test that would validate the FW design.
• Able to work with geographically distributed team and ensure on time quality delivery of committed deliverables.
• Individual must have the passion to learn new technology.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Able to automate system end to end.
• Good programming Knowledge preferably using Python/C.
• User level working knowledge on OS concepts on both Linux and Windows.
• Knowledge on testing and storage concepts will be an advantage.
• Experience with SAS/SATA/NVMe desirable.
• Working knowledge of SSD firmware architecture highly desirable.
• Good communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
• Equipped with Jira and Code review process(git, gerrit).
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.