Senior Engineer, R&D Engineering
Location: Bangalore, India
Req Id: JR-0000042376
We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
Job Description Summary
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• In this position the candidate will be part of a team that sits at the hub of activity between storage business units, technology development, memory design, and manufacturing.
• The candidate will be responsible for defining, developing, executing, and automating NAND flash memory reliability test; analyze & report data following predefined test flow.
• The candidate will push the performance and reliability envelope of flash memory as used in best-in-class high-density storage application.
• The individual will communicate & work with members from memory reliability, and system groups to ensure timely product device support, memory qualification, and ramp of BiCS volume production.
• This position requires an MS degree in Electrical Engineering, Applied Physics, or a related field.
• Non-volatile memory device physics and reliability experience is a big plus.
• C/C++ Programming.
• Python/Shell Scripting.
• Excellent verbal and communication skills
• Ability to analyze problem and work independently as required
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.