Senior Engineer, Product Development Engineering
Requisition number: JR-0000041775
Location: Bayan Lepas, Penang
We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The individual will coordinate and manage new product introduction, develop test methodologies to test new generation of Client and Enterprise SSD products, define and debug existing test programs
- The individual must also have strong knowledge of digital electronics and circuits and should have a good working knowledge of various bench systems (i.e. oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and meters).
- The individual should have experience in integrating hardware and firmware components to deliver a final product.
- Familiarity with basic scripting languages such as Python, C, C++, or Visual Basic is a plus.
- Bachelor in (Electronics or Computer) Engineering or equivalent.
- Must have good troubleshooting and debug skills
- NAND FLASH memory test background is helpful
- Must have proven ability to achieve results in a fast moving, dynamic environment
- Self-motivated and self-directed, however, must have demonstrated ability to work well with people
- A proven desire to work as a team member, both on the same team and outside of the team
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.