Staff Engineer, Product Design Engineering
Location: Bangalore, India
Req Id: JR-0000041921
We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
• Provide hardware design services to teams across Western Digital for engineering and production tester requirements.
• Work with internal and external customers for tester development requirements.
• Develop tester hardware architectures, designs and component selections to meet customer requirements.
• Generate design specification, documentation and release into doc control tool.
• Perform schematics capture and supervise PCB layout.
• Involve in Simulation process.
• Coordinate fabrication and assembly of first article prototypes.
• Develop hardware validation plans and review test results.
• Board bring-up, analyze, validate and characterize hardware designs.
• Work with production & test personnel to transition designs to HVM.
• Work with external vendor for design collaboration and integration of tester boards.
• Proactively participate in technical discussions and collaborate with cross-functional team, mechanical, firmware, software and product engineering teams.
• Provide input and evaluation of new technologies for future tester platform roadmaps.
• International travel maybe required to support first article release of Production Tester Platform in factory.
•BTech or MTech Electrical Engineering
•Minimum 5 years Hardware Design.
•Solid knowledge of electrical engineering fundamentals
•Experience in VHDL/FPGA development.
•Ownership of hardware design tester platform from conceptual design through customer release and/or manufacturing bring-up.
•Experience designing high speed-high layer stack-up boards, high speed-high-dense interconnects.
•Experience in Signal Integrity analysis, pre & post layout and creating design constraint based on the results.
•Expertise using Orcad Schematic Capture and PCB Editor Allegro Tools.
•Experience in various standard bus architecture and interfaces such as PCIe, SAS, SATA, USB, SPI, I2C, SD, eMMC, MIPI (UFS) etc...
•Proven ability in analyzing root cause, complex design debugging and problem solving.
•Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision and ability to handle multiple task.
•Ability to work cross-functional along with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
•Experience using hardware debugging tools such as Oscilloscope, Logic Analyzer, Signal Generator, Imbedded Debugging tools, etc…
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.