Manager, Product Design Engineering
Location: Bangalore, India
Req Id: JR-0000041916
We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
• Provide hardware design services to teams across Western Digital for engineering and production tester requirements.
• Work with internal and external customers for tester development requirements.
• Develop tester hardware architectures, designs and component selections to meet customer requirements.
• Generate design specification, documentation and release into doc control tool.
• Coordinate fabrication and assembly of first article prototypes.
• Proactively participate in technical discussions and collaborate with cross-functional team, mechanical, firmware, software and product engineering teams.
• Provide input and evaluation of new technologies for future tester platform roadmaps.
• International travel maybe required to support first article release of Production Tester Platform in factory.
• Manage a midsize team of hardware and mechanical engineers.
•Minimum 5 years Hardware Design and minimum 3 years of team management experience.
•Educational qualification BE/BTech with electronics/electrical background.
•Experience in hands on project planning and execution.
•Ability to guide the team members to deliver the products and along with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
•Ownership of hardware design tester platform from conceptual design through customer release and/or manufacturing bring-up.
•Experience designing high speed-high layer stack-up boards, high speed-high-dense interconnects.
•Exposure to Signal Integrity analysis, pre & post layout and creating design constraint based on the results.
•Exposure to Hardware development life cycle and tools like Orcad Schematic Capture and PCB Editor Allegro Tools.
•Experience in various standard bus architecture and interfaces such as PCIe, SAS, SATA, USB, SPI, I2C, SD, eMMC, MIPI (UFS) etc...
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.