- Work with cross functional team to implement APC solutions with Smart Automation (GO 8” and Fremont wafer fabs) through partnership with Process Engineering, Equipment Engineering and IT teams.
- Manage APC projects toward successful production release and quantify benefits against baseline with business and process metrics.
- Performing data analysis to determine and optimize FDC model for fault detection and identify opportunities for IIOT implementation.
- Setting up new control strategies and supporting process engineers to maintain existing control strategies.
- Performing data analysis to determine and optimize control model and tuning algorithm for R2R controller with feedback and feed-forward control.
- Design and develop new FDC models for scrap prevention, tool matching, preventative maintenance prediction and enabling condition based maintenance.
- Performing system integration test for run-to-run control, fault detection and automation host software.Maintaining run-to-run control and fault detection systems.
- Monitor R2R controller and FD model performance and initiate continuous improvement projects to maximize benefits of APC solutions.
- Troubleshooting to find root cause of system problem or software error.
- Assist in system recovery to production state in the event of system failure.
- Participate in run-to-run control and fault detection system improvement roadmap planning.
- The engineer will be working in a fast-paced, cross-functional team environment.
- Must be a team player who can work well with diverse team and able to drive continuous improvement.
- BS/MS degree in Engineering (Computer, Electrical, Chemical, Industrial or Mechanical), Applied Physics, Operations Research or Statistics.
- Must have research or work experience with run-to-run control system and fault detection for high tech manufacturing environment.
- Experience with Statistical analysis (e.g., JMP/MINITAB, MATLAB) and MVA software, run-to-run control and fault detection software.
- Strong analytical and programming skills, statistical data analysis, DOE, regression analysis and multivariate data analysis skills. Familiarity with processing technologies and equipment.
- Must also have a good understanding of Information Technology: Microsoft and Linux operating systems, SQL server, SQL queries, networking, SECS/GEM tool communication, IIOT and data acquisition (DAQ) technologies.