We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Handle customer escalations for Western Digital, SanDisk, GTECH and HGST storage devices and cloud services/applications and provide effective and timely resolution
- Work in cross functional teams and own field readiness to support product launches including UAT testing, creating and facilitating documentation/trainings, product monitoring, failure analysis and post mortem reviews
- Manage end user escalations and driving issue resolution with cross functional teams
• Facilitate and lead call center quality audits and recognize areas of improvement for agents and support teams
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of current Western Digital, SanDisk, GTECH and HGST products, including: hardware, software, and service offerings.
- Continuously learn through interactions with peers and customers, while also making efforts to self-educate, share, and demonstrate new knowledge/techniques with the team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent and 5-7 years’ experience working with computer/semiconductor hardware, cloud and mobile applications
- Minimum 5 years of experience of Technical Support and Troubleshooting of Data Storage products and its working with various Operating Systems and hardware
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with computer networking, Linux Operating Systems, network routers, Android and iOS mobile devices and cloud based applications
- Must have good understanding of Hard Disk Drives (HDD) and/or Solid-State Drives (SSD) technology and/or personal cloud applications/technologies
- Prior experience as a top tier Technical Support Professional with a software/hardware consumer electronics company
- Excellent research and analytical skills. Ability to provide quick solution to new problems
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills including programming experience in Intermediate to Advance MS Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent customer interaction skills-both verbal and written
- Organizational - have shown the ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously, work across the organization, and drive the necessary activities to solve customer issues.
- Ability and experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with bug-tracking platforms such as JIRA a plus
- Experience working with call centers preferred
- Some travel required 10%
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.