Location: Seberang Perai Selatan, Penang
We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Western Digital’s University Recruiting Team is looking for a recruiter responsible for driving school recruitment strategy at top colleges and universities, building and strengthening relationships with internal and external clients and serving as a talent scout for the firm.
The University Recruiting team is a global, fast moving, rapidly evolving team that is working to position Western Digital, as one of the leading employer brands at top Engineering colleges and universities within the Malaysia and around the world. The team’s objective is to source and deliver exceptional entry-level talent to the company across a broad spectrum of roles and training programs. This is accomplished through developing close and collaborative relationships with leading educational institutions; leveraging Western Digital’s extensive marketing capabilities to design and deploy an effective recruiting marketing campaign; utilizing technology to the fullest extent (including social media) to connect with candidates; and developing sophisticated candidate screening and selection methods to cast a wide net for talent and hire the best while ensuring a great candidate experience.
- Execute the campus hiring strategy at target colleges and universities across the country
- Initiate participation in campus activities (i.e. Career Fairs, Information Sessions, student activities).
- Attend and manage campus-specific Career Fairs, Information Sessions and Presentations, Initial round interviews, Superdays (Final round interviews), Office visits and other creative campus events.
- Work with the University Recruitment Manager to design the strategic plan for yearly implementation of hiring goals and objectives for both internship and full-time programs.
- Act as an internal consultant to key stakeholders on guidelines related to campus relations and recruiting (process, goals) for the season.
- Consult and meet regularly with hiring managers to ensure understanding of job requirements, review sourcing and advertising options, assist in the selection process, and facilitate on-boarding as necessary.
- Conduct initial screenings and on-site interviews, evaluation and documentation of interview feedback, as well as completion of all requirements within applicant tracking system. Maintain and update applicant tracking database.
- Evaluate skill level and provide guidance to internal/external candidates throughout the interview process.
- Develop strategic sourcing strategies to effectively source candidates through cold calling, networking, career fairs, Internet postings, on-campus recruiting, and employee referrals.