Location: Petaling Jaya WDM P7
Req ID: JR-0000041068
We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Typical activities include design and implementation of data structures, software algorithms, data path, and drivers for HW cores to deliver cutting-edge storage products.
Debugs issues involving advanced drive features across a wide variety of hardware and software platforms, including PC’s, servers, RAID, and various operating systems (Windows and Linux).
Follows department processes and guidelines for firmware development and strives to meet company goals and objectives.
Works with cross functional teams to bring up new hardware and develop embedded firmware for storage products.
Documents findings of engineering analyses and investigations.
Creates design documents pertinent to the various phases of firmware development.
Validate functionality, integrity, protocol compliance and performance of storage products in support of the firmware development process with guidance and support.
Manage day to day test execution, debug failures found in test and create/work issue tracking cases to resolution with guidance and support.
Assist in communicating test status, reports and metrics to firmware engineering and program management teams in support of each programs objectives and schedule.
- Bachelor or Master in Computer/Electronics Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent required.
- C/C++, assembly languages and code development processes with debug emulation and simulation tools.
Capable of quickly learning new firmware, hardware, systems, tools, and methodologies.
Familiarity with micro-controller architecture (ARM or ARC), embedded systems desired.
Knowledge in SATA, SAS and PCIE is a plus.
Hardware and software debugging skills.
- Must have a high degree of problem solving skills and solutions oriented.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively manage projects and tasks to deliver deadlines and commitments.
- Be able to work under pressure for quick resolution and delivery.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.