We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
The Memory Technology Group is at the core of the Legacy SanDisk Engineering Organization which Western Digital owns. We are building a cutting edge 3D memory in our multiple billion dollars Fab. Our memory provides performance, power, and endurance at a lower cost but on quality. The Memory Technology organization is a strategic entity for the company, and we are growing. Our group functions as a start-up within WDC, and offers a creative, fast paced, entrepreneurial work environment where you’ll be at the center of WDC innovation.
We are looking for an experienced Designers to lead and deliver projects for our Memory Design team as well as talented and highly motivation junior engineers. This is a great opportunity for a results-oriented, entrepreneurial individual who knows how to work with non-volatile memory world-class engineers and who has a great track record for delivering innovative results.
You will need to think creatively about the memory as we do take pride in our craftsmanship. We do work together with all engineering teams to identify and execute on the most disciplined way. Your success will be measured by your ability to build great designs that deliver innovation that unlock revenue opportunities for the company.
Join the Memory Technology Design Team and become a leader of this highly motivated, cooperative and focused team!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
In this position, the individual will be responsible for all aspects of digital design in NAND Flash memory, focusing on micro architecture, RTL design, verification, logic synthesis, and timing analysis to deliver a design meeting target power, performance and area goals.
- RTL design and verification in Verilog, RTL linting, clock domain crossing (CDC) analysis, design integration, synthesis, DFT, timing analysis and closure
- Balance design trade-offs with modularity, scalability, power, area, and performance.
- Interface with internal and external teams/customers to drive necessary technical specifications and features based on individual requirements
- Participating in Post-Si evaluation and debug
- Drive cross function support for productization
- Technical guidance and mentoring of junior engineers
- MSEE plus 10 years of relevant experience
- Experience with chip level integration, chip lead, and full product life cycle (requirements, design, implementation, test) of Logic design
- Working knowledge of the entire Logic design flow from RTL to GDSII (RTL coding, simulation, synthesis, static timing analysis, logic equivalence, DFT insertion, place-and-route, clock tree synthesis, extraction, static timing analysis, physical verification)
- Working knowledge of NAND flash memory cell device operations, algorithms for program/read/erase
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Experience developing digital circuit designs for low power operating conditions
- Working knowledge of device physics and process
- Working knowledge of NAND Flash memory design including Analog, Core, Datapath and IO circuits
- Proficiency with following Digital design tools◦Synthesis - Synopsys Design Compiler, Cadence Genus or Cadence RTL Compiler
- Static Timing - Synopsys Primetime or Cadence Tempus
- Place and Route - Synopsys ICC or Cadence Encounter or Innovus
- Familiarity with revision control tool and EDA standard formats used in cell/library development and modeling - Liberty (timing model), SDC (Synopsys Design Constraints)
- Programming experience in C, C++, Python or Perl
The ideal individual must have proven ability to achieve results in a fast moving, dynamic environment. Self-motivated and self-directed, however, must have demonstrated ability to work well with people. A proven desire to work as a team member, both on the same team and outside of the team. Ability to troubleshoot and analyze complex problems. Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines. Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.