We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
In this position, the individual will assume a leadership role in the Global Capital Equipment procurement organization and focus on supporting factory capital needs in Metrology and Test, and focus on identifying, developing, and managing relationships with existing and potential suppliers to meet the established cost, quality, and delivery targets. S/he will negotiate pricing, commercial and supply agreements with suppliers of goods and services, as well as collaborate with Engineering, Operations, and Quality to identify and drive cost reduction / avoidance activities. S/he will be the driving force to set up the local vendor/agents, work on import/export/TAX/Licenses issues and resolution. The individual must possess exceptional interpersonal / team building skills including ability to communicate with all levels of the organization and drive activities across functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
In this position, the individual will work with all stakeholders to address all aspects of procurement management for services, goods, including procurement support, supplier management, supply-base strategy, market trends assessment, pricing, etc.
- Understand business service needs, request for quotation, negotiate pricing, commercial and supply agreements with suppliers.
- Lead quarterly negotiations with suppliers to achieve cost reduction and other business objectives.
- Negotiate legal contracts such as NDA, SOW, MEA with suppliers.
- Coordinates procurement activities with manufacturing, quality, planning and engineering departments.
- Establish, implement, and administer system and process to evaluate, monitor, report and manage supplier performance and improvement (incl. QBR’s).
- Monitor commodity market trends; effectively reflect market dynamic in terms of supply, cost, etc.
- Requires domestic or global expertise of assigned commodities.
- Performs cost analysis for designated commodities including building should cost models
- Develop and execute a supply-base strategy to meet the Company’s business growth and requirements.
- Identify, develop and manage relationships with existing and potential suppliers to meet the established cost, quality and delivery targets.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to drive the right equipment/vendor selection, timing of purchase, cost reduction / avoidance activities and ensure Procurement has a seat at the table for all decisions.
- Approx. 20% travel may be required
Knowledge of business principles such as purchasing, materials logistics management, business and contract law, finance and accounting. Requires extensive experience in procurement and related functions with particular emphasis on negotiation and contract management. Strong interpersonal, oral and written skills required to conduct daily activities. Requires a significant degree of analytical ability and either a business or technical background.
Regular contact with both internal and external company representatives at all levels of management including executives to negotiate highly complex requirements such as supplier relationship management, contract performance, etc.
Directs comprehensive analysis of potential supplier’s capabilities to ensure quality processes, products and services. Applies creativity and judgment to develop actions/recommendations for achieving desired results from the overall supported area's business objectives.
Manages a category that has a direct impact on company's business revenue and profit, impacts and implements procurement business plans in support of major products or programs; monitors and measures the results to ensure the organization’s objectives of quality, cost, delivery and profitability are achieved; develops moderately complex dollar/risk proposals/contracts; and integrates highly technical concepts and objectives into contractual terms and conditions
Provides procurement advice and counsel to functional management on critical sourcing issues. Presents alternatives and risks associated with potential sourcing decisions. Prepares detailed business/financial analysis which leads to final sourcing decisions. Directs individuals responsible for administering contracts, monitoring performance and ensures corrective actions are taken to ensure company's business objectives are met.
Proficient in Office, PowerPoint, Project, ERP systems, etc.
Strong interpersonal, oral and written English skills required to conduct daily activities
The ideal candidate will have a B.S. / B.A with 10-15 years of related experience in capital/Direct/Indirect Materials procurement. Engineering degree preferred but not a must. The ideal individual must have proven ability to achieve results in a fast moving, dynamic environment with excellent communication (written and verbal) and organizational skills. People management skills and experience in making cross-functional operational decisions are required. Self-motivated and self-directed, however, must have demonstrated ability to work well with people.
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.