The Datacenter Systems (DCS) Business Unit is a dynamic organization that is enabling customers to store and derive value from data forever. Building on our leadership, expertise and innovations in storage technologies, we are delivering software based, scale-out storage systems for enterprise and cloud service providers.
The DCS Software Engineering team is seeking a Software UI Architect position to expand our offerings for our enterprise and cloud storage provider customers that help us grow our business faster.
How to tell if you’ll love this position
You are passionate about the storage and networking space believing that data storage changes the world. You are a technologist, able to understand fundamental constraints and challenge non-fundamental ones. You are inspired by current and future customers’ use of distributed storage, and you have an undying need to change their lives for the better.
You thrive on the day-to-day collaboration with engineers and other product managers, reaching across team boundaries to make the right things happen. Interfacing and working closely with an agile team of product owners, scrum-teams through sprints and the whole program increment with all the quick decisions based on observe-and-improve is what gets you excited.
And, finally, with your strong entrepreneur bias, you have a contagious desire to continually improve how things are executed.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Lead an existing team of UI developers through demonstration of technical acumen
- Participate as a technical expert in design and development of system management applications as part of the UI platform
- Maintain the architecture and maintain its alignment with the overall technology roadmap
- Guide and Enhance UI coding standards, development guidelines and delivery practices for speed and efficiency
- Lead/contribute in architecture, design & code reviews for members
- Guide and help develop team members
- Define, suggest and implement proof-of-concepts for improving the UI based on new technologies
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- BSCS or MSCS plus 10+ years of professional experience as a software developer with a greater focus on UI and front-end architecture.
- A deep knowledge of modern web frameworks and web architecture best practices and patterns.
- Experience developing web services and REST based APIs
- Experience leading a team of developers
- Experience working in an Agile environment with teams spread across multiple GEOs
- Experience developing highly available, performant distributed applications
- Strong experience with NodeJS and related technologies
- Experience in developing distributed applications using micro services
- Good knowledge of linux systems
- Experience with any one of Apache Tomcat, Gunicorn, nginx web servers is required; nginx is preferred
- Experience defining a starter kit/development environment and encouraging consistency in the UI development process
- Experience with using and extending CSS frameworks and preprocessor technologies E.g. LESS, SCSS
- Secure UI development best practices, e.g OWASP
- Experience with build script and CI CD and GIT, Jenkins or similar
- Knowledge of MongoDB, Elastic search db, and any other NoSql database
- Knowledge of UI automation using BDD framework is a plus
- Knowledge of object storage systems and/or AWS/S3 is a plus