Build plan commits
1) Ensure all commits are given within the same day (12 hours) unless with special reasons
2) Ensure 100% accuracy in the commit given
3) Zero decommits unless if it is based on external factor (freight delay / natural disaster)
4) Ensure all 2nd source items and newly added parts are purchased and planned ahead. Need close follow up with US team
5) Ensure all parts are in house and released to WH prior loading.
6) Ensure any critical components with limited supplies are being tracked to be returned to warehouse (WIP3 to WH)
7) No shortage to customer backlog (check on PPV purchases from buyers / open market source etc)
1) Ensure LEAN inventory to achieve 2 WOS for on hand stock
2) Review 4 wks of inventory at supplier's side (LSP / JIT) and check for any high risk parts that require additional expedites
3) Ensure buyers are doing push out / cancellations for any huge demand drop or for those that is potentially going EOL
4) Reclass / intersite balance / work with buyer to have inventories returned to supplier for those with excess on hand (think out of box)
5) Block stock review & disposition to be given - ensure block stock inventory is used up creatively (get approvals / raise deviations / solderability test / rework)
6) RISKBUY proposal / LTB proposal / safety stock review to be reviewed monthly
7) Monthly excess review and disposition plan
8) Capacity study to be montly reviewed - especially for PCB / Housing suppliers
9) Review single reel parts and top & bottom requirement parts. This is to ensure we have more than 2 reels in house to support operations
ECN / ECO reviews
1) All approvals to be completed within 24 hours
2) Ensure disposition & action plan is executed by relavant parties. (ensure there is follow up)
3) Full participation in weekly meetings called by ECO coordination to ensure neccesary action taken in place.
4) Get clear disposition on old material and ensure new material on time to support any material changes.
System data accuracy
1) Ensure accurate DSI (inventory / demand / "reservation qty")
2) Ensure all materials in warehouse are per latest revision based on ECO / ECN
3) Ensure all commits are reviewed prior loading date to ensure no last minute surprise. Need to ensure commits given to NPI /production planners are accurate.
Highlight if there are any potential delays or miss in ETA date given
4) Ensure BOM accuracy (primary part setting / if BOMs are not exploding to raw material level / "E" and "F" procurement setting / Grouping / QPA errors).
5) Challenge WIP3 inventory accuracy and force them to locate parts which are critically short
Meetings / Calls
1) Attend all POM calls, provide summary on action items given during meeting
2) Attend all 4M meetings
3) Attend all 2nd source meetings (ensure the build matrix is met)
4) Be prepared and attend all back-end planning meeting and provide summary on meeting held
1) Study forecast and ensure you know all the in-depth issues pertaining to the models being handled.
2) Have good product knowledge / customer base knowledge to be able to challenge the accuracy of forecast
3) Ensure all commits given are forecasted (track it weekly via the forecast inaccuracy report)
4) Passing down the product knowledge to buyers to ensure they can take necessary actions on PO cancellation / push out / pull in / RISKBUY etc
5) Ensure smooth supply chain in DSI and escalate on critical components. Take necessary actions to find supply to fulfill requirement.
There should be zero impact to build plan
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a
leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and
disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations
worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and
enabling great value from the data they possess.