Technician 5, Test Equipment maintenance
Location: Seberang Perai Selatan, Penang
We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs electrical, mechanical or software troubleshooting to determine problems in non-functioning test equipment.
- Monitoring Downtime of Machines, RCA and containment action, counter measures.
- Dismantles, adjusts, repairs and assembles equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, operating or repair manuals, and/or rough sketches or drawings.
- Uses test and diagnostic equipment to perform checkouts. May perform equipment modifications as directed by test/manufacturing engineers.
- Knowledge in Excel, JMP,SPC, data crunching and analytical troubleshooting skill.
- Performs Functional Test, Self test, Burn in Oven & Chamber.
- Test operating unit to identify defects, measure performance, determine need for adjustment and compliance to tester and product specification.
- Recommend changes in tester design or layout to simplify assembly and maintenance.
- Write technical reports, develop charts, graphs to describe and illustrate a system's operating characteristics, malfunctions and functional limitations.
- Familiar with PC system, Windows/Linux applications.
- Debugging software on Test Equipment/ATE
- Develop project to improve tester hardware performance to improve First Pass Yield.
- Excellent teamwork and leadership skills, ability to cooperate well with stakeholders under minimum supervision.
- Candidate must possess at least a Diploma, Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma, Engineering (Electrical/Electronic), Engineering (Mechanical), Engineering (Mechatronic/Electromechanical) or equivalent.
- At least 3 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Ability to troubleshoot and analyze complex problems. Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Generic & Functional Skills / competencies
- Knowledge in SSD or Memory will be added advantage
- Applicants must be willing to work in Batu Kawan.
- Preferably Non-Executives specializing in Engineering - Others or equivalent.
- Full-Time position(s) available.
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.