the possibilities of data.
define what’s possible.
Process and Tools team is partnering with WD’s worldwide IT organization to
embark on a large and complex initiative to define and build a modern, best of
breed DevOps infrastructure to accelerate Western Digital’s firmware
development and validation life cycle. The Continuous Integration Technician
will play a key role integrating the tools and processes necessary for the infrastructure
that will integrate firmware engineering’s configuration management, continuous
delivery, workflow automation, artifacts archival and distribution processes,
supporting 24/7 automated operations worldwide to support Western Digital
storage product development.
Integration Technician will collaborate closely with Firmware engineering and the
global IT teams to define, develop, and implement new CI
infrastructure/processes to meet this corporate goals. Apply your experience in the selection of
DevOps technologies, and implement, maintain and upgrade the tools on the
servers and clients. Lead project implementation across teams using best
agile practices. Coach and mentor peers to learn, adopt and help support
the new DevOps technologies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in the planning of the tool and
resource roadmaps to meet continuous delivery requirements
- Contribute to the hands-on installation of
servers in server racks (mounting server rails, installing hard drives,
provisioning Linux/Windows server operating systems, connecting network and
- Maintain the hardware, product inventory,
component inventory, and process RMAs for defective servers
- Hands-on swapping of failed product drives and
actively triage drive failures
- Install debug adapters on product drives
- Provisioning hardware nodes (OS and packages),
configure network switches, and maintain network services
- Jenkins automation and node maintenance
- Educate users of procedures and technical
- 5+ years of direct enterprise-wide technician
- Data center experience
- Hands-on server and rack knowledge
- Ability to accurately track inventory
- Experienced performing technical triage
- Displayed System Administration skills
- Provide support to Continuous Integration
- Internal customer focused
Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading
portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and
disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent
organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching
lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal
employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western
Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws
and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal
Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information
click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.