We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
Position focusing on sustaining engineering and customer qualifications in an Enterprise Solid State Drive (SSD) product development group. Plan, Schedule, and Drive Engineering sustaining and support activities post VPR (volume production) until EOL. Lead the Sustaining Engineering Core team that integrates the overall business functions. Collaborate with management and internal manufacturing and development partners to implement changes to product, process, or program plan to resolve escalated issues and produce solutions. Perform change management, release management, and configuration management on respective product lines. Transfer and advocate operations and field lesson learned or customer change request to product roadmap or new product development. Manage day to day coordination of engineering related sustaining activities and activities for the sustaining product life cycle process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with sustaining product leads to close customer and engineering escalated issues
- Drive closure of all sustaining eSSD customer issues through factory teams. Provide daily updates on customer escalated issues.
- Assist by establishing priorities across all Sustaining programs for factory-related issues
- Pull together factory functional teams as necessary to help resolve engineering issues
- Lead a cross-functional team on product life cycle (PLC) deliverables for entry into sustaining through End of Life (EOL)
- Document & drive the sustaining engineering processes
- Provide weekly technical program status to peers and upper management
- Provide recommendations on technical risk assessments
- Assist in coordinating root cause F/A, closure & verification through factory teams on all drive failures through product EOL
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- 7+ years of product engineering or program manager experience required
- Background in failure analysis, yield reduction, and transfer activities into high volume manufacturing is desired
- Must have knowledge of product development and maintenance throughout product life cycle
- Able to work independently, pulling together cross functional team members to resolve engineering and logistical issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
- Highly organized
- Experience with Microsoft* Office* tool suite is desired
- Ability to travel internationally (less than 15%)
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.