We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
Position focusing on FW test and release process development, tools, and technology in an Enterprise Solid State Drive (SSD) product development group. Work cross-functionally with FW Development, FW Validation, and Quality organizations to identify ways to improve development throughput and code quality. Work individually or as part of a team to collect inputs on current processes and gaps to develop and document common processes and tools across the organization. Work with stakeholders on roll-out, education, and adoption plans, and monitor compliance of new processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead cross-functional teams in identifying and resolving FW process-related issues
- Analyze test process data for improvement areas
- Monitor industry trends on FW development process, tools, and technology
- BS or greater Engineering degree required
- 7+ years in an engineering product development environment
- 7+ years of experience in firmware design
- A highly disciplined approach to problem solving
- Ability to work independently and as a team member or leader across multiple projects in a results-driven environment
- In-depth knowledge of product development throughout the product life cycle, with an emphasis on FW development, and preferably unit test methodologies
- Data analysis skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in storage devices or related industry is a benefit
- Experience with SAS/SATA/PCIe interface protocols is a benefit
- Experience with Microsoft* Office* tool suite is desired
- Ability to travel (~15%)
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.