We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
WDC's Solid State Drive (SSD) Firmware Development team located in Rochester, MN is seeking for a Technician with skills and background in system maintenance and networking. Technician will join the FW Dev Team with SSD Firmware Engineers to manage a SSD Farm network to replicate bugs and validate FW fixes.
- Maintenance, updates, and development of Linux/Windows farm/test systems at the Rochester site.
- Networking scripting and addition of new systems/drives for new tests and products into the farm.
- Script development and advancement for both farm tests, build, and farm integration (batch, Python, etc).
- Maintenance and improvement of Gerrit, Jenkins, and web services for additional automation.
- Maintenance and updates of FWQA systems on site.
- Qualified candidates should have a computer related Technical Associate’s Degree or computer engineering background with 5 or more years of experience.
- Professional business communication competency, both verbal and written, is required, as is competency with basic office technology (general PC use, email, spreadsheets, etc.).
- Ability to work and solve problems as part of multi-site organization and cross functional team.
- Knowledge of and experience using typical lab equipment such as bus analyzers and firmware debug tools is a plus.
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.