We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
This position will lead a team of Sustaining Product Leads to support products that are in mass production in an Enterprise Solid State Drive (SSD) product development group. This role will work with the functional teams in R&D, Quality, and Customer Technical Support to analyze customer issues, develop maintenance firmware releases, and qualify new components/sources. Candidates must have prior experience in engineering development, factory operations, or other sustaining engineering-related fields and a successful track record of project management and leading cross-functional teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Management of a team of engineering leads
- Cross functional leadership in identifying and resolving issues, both internal and customer-facing
- HW and/or FW issue identification, failure analysis, and resolution at both individual drive and population levels
- Customer qualification for products, product components, and maintenance FW
- BS or greater Engineering degree required
- 12+ years in an engineering product development or mass production environment
- 12+ years of experience in hardware and/or firmware design, validation and failure analysis for microprocessor based products
- Ability to work as a leader across multiple projects in a results-driven environment
- In-depth knowledge of product development and production throughout the product life cycle
- Data analysis skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in storage devices or related industry is a benefit
- Experience with SAS/SATA/PCIe interface protocols is a benefit
- Ability to travel (~15%)
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.