JR-0000040986, Global Trade Operations Manager
Manages the day-to-day
issues related to import and export operations. Ability to develop and manage
import and export operations programs. Develops training materials and conducts
training sessions as necessary. Performs trade operations reviews/audits as
well as various operations relating to trade activities in the US as well at
- Management of the regulatory
compliance processes at headquarters and around the world
- Implements policies,
procedures, and training programs
- Manage the Customs
Reconciliation Program, the Drawback Program, CTPAT and AEO
- Monitors activities of the
logistics centers, sales and technical support offices to heighten
- Performs periodic trade
operations on-site reviews at the various sites
- Support the implementation of
new global trade compliance system
- Oversee the work of the customs
brokers, freight forwarders and support staff as it relates to day-to-day
- Project Management including
management of reporting program to monitor, track and report progress of
addressing compliance gaps, process improvement initiatives and upcoming
- Manage day to day activities of
- Front line management of the
global trade operations staff
- Some non-standard work hours as
- Some travel required
- Additional duties as assigned
- 7-10 years of experience in
- 5+ years of experience directly
managing / supervising employees.
- A successful candidate would be
able to work cross-functionally and cross-regionally to ensure alignment
across the business and across the globe.
- Strong knowledge/experience of
US Customs & BIS regulations, and other government agencies
- Strong working knowledge in
applying HTS and ECCN classifications
- Familiarity with other country
regulations is beneficial (Europe/Asia).
- Other strengths should include
valuation, country of origin, duty savings programs, and dealing with
global import formalities, including broker oversight.
Skills & Abilities:
- Able to recognize and attend to
important details with accuracy and efficiency.
- Able to communicate clearly and
convey necessary information.
- Able to interact effectively
with all levels of management.
- Able to negotiate skillfully,
promote/sell ideas persuasively
- Possesses strong multi-cultural
- Possesses leadership skills
with a willingness to lead, create new ideas, and be assertive.
- Possesses strong organizational
and time management skills, driving tasks to completion.
- Able to constructively work
under stress and pressure when faced with high workloads and deadlines.
- Experience Level with Business
Tools — proficient in utilizing business tools such as: E-mail, Microsoft
Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with SAP and/or
Oracle and its related trade management software
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading
portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and
disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent
organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching
lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an
equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment
opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does
not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set
forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information
click here. Este empleador
participa in E-Verify.