Location: Batu Kawan, Penang
Req ID: JR-0000041184
We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises assembly, inspection and testing operations of PCBA assemblies to ensure quality standards & on time delivery are met.
- Optimizes manpower & machine resources to ensure wastages are eliminated in order to meet cost goals.
- Explore continuous improvement & break through ideas in order to build high-quality products with excellent thru put time (TPT).
- Administers the implementation of all Test & assembly line set-ups and complete the required reporting & paperwork accurately.
- Develop a close working relationship with other shift supervisors in order to proliferate the Best Known Methods (BKM) to ensure consistency.
- Motivates team members to achieve production and department goals; trains personnel in production to meet quality standards set by the department.
- Evaluates assigns and rewards operators for excellent work.
- To represents the Manager in Production meeting when he/she is unavailable.
- Investigates and resolves problems that may arise within the assembly line.
- Adheres to health, fire and safety regulations; identifies potential safety hazards and reports such to relevant parties for quick resolution.
- Work on Operators development to improve the skillset & a build a high discipline workforce.
- Responsible for the overall shift output performance indicator in terms of quantity & meeting individual items schedule.
- Work on automation projects.
- Bachelor degree in any discipline ( Economics, Engineering (Electrical/Electronic), Engineering (Mechanical), Mass Communications, Social Science/Sociology or equivalent are preferable)
- (Fresh Graduates are encouraged to apply)
- Ability to think in a logical and systematic way to solve problems, incorporate suggestions and create solutions.
- Able to multitasking, pay attention to the details, work in a fast paced & complex environment.
- Able to establish and maintain the effective working relationship with the customers, company management, subordinates and fellow employees.
- Having the knowledge of the appropriate safety precautions and procedures.
- Ability to coach motivates, develop and supervise subordinate employees.
- Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with those contacted in the course of work, both in oral and written form.
- Excel proficiency is a must and ability to use macro would be an added advantage.
- Full-Time position(s) available.
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.