Labor and Industrial Relations Officer
Location: Laguna, Philippines (PHO)
Req Id: JR-0000041746
We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
Western Digital offers and exciting career for the successful Labor Relations and Industrial Relations Officer candidate. With close to 9,000 employees in a multi-cultural organization and a dynamic manufacturing business environment, the company has kept employee engagement, diversity and inclusion, organization health and ethics in its top most people agenda. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow and contribute to keeping a positive and forward-looking labor policy, combining both global and local best practices and working with the best professionals in the field within the WDC global organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Lead the labor relations, ethics and compliance, discipline and discharge function.
• Drive strategy and execute programs for more effective management-employee relationship and harmony.
• Drive strategy and execute programs for more effective external relations with government, industry, and labor groups towards industrial peace.
• Solid lead role experience in the Labor and Industrial Relations function
• Strong program design and project management experience in the field
• Experience in a unionized industrial setting
• Belonged in an large multi-national organization
• Law degree and practice in the industrial setting is a plus
• Experience in driving ethics and compliance programs
• Experience in fulfilling government and other compliance audit requirements
• Strong problem-solving and program development skills
• Works very well with all levels in the organization
• Dynamic and fun to be with
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.