We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Acts as the first point of contact for employees, managers and executives for all general HR questions, seeking support in HR policies, processes, self-service transactions and HR content on online portal
- Assumes an end-to-end ownership for resolving inquiries, as well as for helping employees and managers learn about self service capabilities
- Provide accurate and efficient resolutions of issues and inquiries through multiple channels (e.g., phone, email, Jabber chat, etc.) by following appropriate resolution/assessment methodologies (e.g., investigating and research), utilizing knowledge management tools, educating employees on HR technologies including self-service tools, and determining appropriate course of action or escalation for emerging issues
- Provide initial contact and support for customers managing sensitive and confidential information related to HR issues
- Provide timely and reliable employee support that generates a high level of employee satisfaction and inspires confidence through effective communication, expert knowledge, and efficient escalation to resolve issues
- Communicate effectively (written or verbal) matching customer style, needs, and level of understanding to support optimal employee interaction, including accurate and grammatically correct support through available employee support channels (phone, email, case management)
- Partner with the entire HR organization by sharing knowledge with peers and cross-functional teams and identifying emerging issues or trends
- Accurately and timely processing of employee lifecycle transactions and document management in partnership with managers, Site HR and the Global Service Center with transactions such as new hire onboarding, transfers, compensation changes, exits and ad-hoc transactions
- Become a subject matter expert and skilled end user for Workday and other HR technologies
- Monitor and manage transaction workflows for customers in assigned region
- Collect, review, and approve onboarding documentation as part of recruitment administration or partner with local on-site resource in country to ensure files are maintained as required
- Respond to all employee verification requests, including mortgage references, employment reference letters, etc.
- Identify process improvement opportunities focused on enhancing HR Central and HR Support services and improving the effectiveness and efficiency of the Regional Service Center, as well as sharing best practices with HR Operations teams in other Service Centers as appropriate
- Ensure all HR processes, standards and protocols are followed, including those focused on data quality controls
Role may expand to include responsibilities for administration of additional HR processes
- 1 to 2+ years of HR experience in a generalist or support/coordination role
- Excellent customer service skills with high sense of urgency, ability to listen and respond to customer needs and ability to remain calm in high pressure situations
- Comfortable and experienced in processing workflow, transactions and data changes using HR systems and tracking cases in case management tools
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills. Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative environment, build consensus and promote the exchange of information among project team members
- Ability to promote and implement changes to current practices and processes
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical, creative problem solving, and, organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent tasks and changing priorities
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Experience with Workday, Taleo and Service Now is a plus
- Fluent/Conversant in English
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.