We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Primary responsibility:
- As a key member of the cSSD PAE team you will be responsible for Emerging and Adjacent markets for client SSD products.
- Ensure that cSSD Customer Qualifications are successful. This will be accomplished by working with multiple wide ranging teams (e.g. engineering, sales, manufacturing operations, sales operations, account and marketing) to ensure customer requirements are captured in product design, ensure qualification requirements are understood by validation, ensure samples are delivered to customer, anticipate area of risk to qualification success, quickly resolve any issues that surface, communicate qualification status to upper management, ensure a successful launch to mass production
- Use your excellent technical and communication skills to provide product application engineering (PAE) support for the qualification of WDC client SSD products in key OEM client customer platforms. Work with customer account teams (TAM/FAE/FQE) to close any issues the come up during the qualification stage to mass production.
- You must be familiar with SSD and storage technologies such as SATA and PCIe/NVMe and associated hardware and software tools with hands on debug experience to resolve technical issue.
- You will be the connection between the customer, account team and the WDC internal engineering teams. You will be responsible for any technical communication with the customer.
- Secondary responsibility
- Work with Sales and Marketing to develop a plan for qualification through application assessment, qualification documentation and management.
- Other responsibilities
- Responsible for Design Review materials and meeting.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science from an accredited university with 7 or more years of related experience.
- Customer facing experience in related area such as SSD or HDD technical support with key strategic customers
- Proven ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to troubleshoot and analyze complex technical problems.
- Familiarity with tools such as SATA and PCIe/NVMe analyzers, scope, laptop and desktop systems, storage devices such as HDDs and SSDs in client environments.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize issues and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Fluent English speaking and writing skills are required.
- The ideal individual must have proven ability to achieve results in a fast moving, dynamic environment. Self-motivated and self-directed with a demonstrated ability to work well with people. You must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision on a day-to-day basis.
- Limited travel may be required.
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.