We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
We are about creating new and engaging experiences that ties all of your content together - pictures, videos and music and making it available on any screen, any place at any time.
Our teams are responsible for innovating and implementing the next generation connected storage solutions to facilitate handling billions of requests, with millions of users, all around the world. We are revolutionizing the way people enjoy and experience content. Imagine capturing a 4k video and being able to store it and share it, instantly, anywhere in the world.
You will work closely with our software product management and development teams, to inspire, create and deliver outstanding products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Define granular product requirements and experiences, and partner closely with the product design team, engineering and software teams to drive sprint planning, story prioritization, product backlog grooming and road-map creation for WD’s cloud based services.
- Will write detailed use cases, scenarios and provide in depth direction on experiences and device functionality.
- Develop roadmap, define product specifications that provide significant value to the customer, are unique, and remove friction from the consumer content lifecycle.
- Should have strong technical understanding of hardware, software, wireless technologies, iOS and Android platforms, Web apps, as well as ability to learn and drive internal API improvements required for delivering the correct user experience.
- Must not be afraid to dive into the technical details that inhibit, or enhance, the product experience you desire, and drive outside teams to provide needed updates.
- Integrate usability studies, research and market analysis into product requirements to define and enhance user experience
- Account for the business's Key Performance Indicators and be responsible for implementing tracking capabilities to monitor the performance of the deployed products.
- Ability to estimate effort effectively
- Strong communication, analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience as a global hardware/software product owner in an Agile environment (scrum preferred). Specifies, prioritizes, and communicates high level and detailed product specifications through user-stories, business rules, and flows
- Strong market, web, data and statistical analysis skills and experience applying these skills to resolve strategic business and product questions, product design and technical issues.
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects across cross-functional teams and multiple client groups
- Proven leadership skills capable of motivating and directing a large cross-functional team
- Outstanding communication skills and a track record of achievement in a dynamic team development environment.
- Strong sense of ownership and passion for connected devices is desired (understand latest technologies, trends and plan for future developments)
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related technical field with minimum of 5 years Consumer Product Management, or other relevant experience. MBA degree is preferred.
- Proven track record of launching integrated device and software solutions is a must
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.