We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
The Product Marketing Director will lead and inspire the team responsible developing and executing global product marketing strategies and go-to-market programs for all WD branded products, as well as playing a senior role in the growth of the Client Solutions business. This requires working collaboratively with Product Management, software, brand marketing and marcom teams to bring to market innovative storage products and experiences that will deliver meaningful interactions for clearly defined target audiences. This role will initiate and lead activities involved in identifying industry, market and consumer needs and opportunities, ensuring clear and differentiated positions for all WD products, compelling go-to-market strategies, and effective acquisition and engagement efforts aimed at driving successful adoption, user satisfaction and growth objectives.
To be successful, the candidate will bring a combination of strategic vision, collaborative leadership skills and solid executional experience, having worked in highly functioning, cross-functional environments built to move fast, ruthlessly prioritize, and scale products for mass markets. This role is based in Milpitas, CA, and reports to the Vice President, Product Marketing
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Define the strategy and success metrics for all WD products and experiences, ensuring product market fit and long-term lifecycle management
- Manage and build an integrated and knowledgeable product marketing team, dedicated to the success of the company’s hardware, software and content experiences
- Inform and help guide strategic decisions and tradeoffs related to product value and positioning, features, schedules, cost, pricing, and lifecycle management
- Help represent the voice of the consumer internally with Product Management, Software and Content teams in the prioritization, design and development of products and experiences
- Help develop product positioning, naming and go-to-market strategy over a portfolio of products for mass and vertical audiences in the consumer, prosumer and gaming spaces, leveraging the use of online platforms to help inform inbound product marketing decisions.
- Meet product adoption and engagement goals by identifying and informing barriers and opportunities for success, and by partnering with Marketing Communications and PR teams to initiate and inform effective and efficient marketing materials and campaigns
- Fiscal accountability and management of WD product marketing budgets
- Ability to travel up to 30%
- 10+ years of product marketing experience in consumer technology, hardware or software technology companies.
- 3+ years in leadership role in building teams and cross-functional relationships.
- Combination of visionary, strategic and pragmatic experience, encompassing both strategic product marketing experience and hands-on execution. Branding for creative, consumer technologies.
- Experience in using data and insights to inform corporate and product strategy
- BA/BS degree in business, accounting, engineering, finance, marketing, or related field
- Global experience
- Experience as a strategic and advisor to senior executives
- Experience working in a cross-functional capacity within a fast-paced, changing environment
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.