1. Sustain, support and speed up R&D CMP activities and reduce hold and cycle time for NPI, development and research wafers at CMP module.
2. Polish and clean development and NPI wafers (non production POR) following engineer's special instructions when the process is not fully mature and needs collecting enough wafer data for process transfer.
3. Help engineer collect pre- and post- CMP wafer data such as optic microscope inspection/imaging, AFM imaging and measurement, Nanometrics (Nova) thickness measure, Tencor protrusion/recession measurement, XRF measurement of monitor wafers, SEM measurement etc. Help maintain organized process records for those collected data. Do some easy recipe setups. Help deliver samples to Materials Lab for characterization when needed.
4. Help engineers on tool preparation especially for new polishing slurry and new formulas, new condition disk and tool preparation procedure. Help engineers to track tool conditions, debug and contact maintenance.
5. Facilitate process transfer and help train production technicians and operator for mature process.
6. Support production in solving technical problems when there is a need and work load allows.