We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Our Wafer Manufacturing organization is responsible for the production of state-of-the-art recording heads used in our world class HDDs. Currently, we are looking to hire several student part time regular employees from Colleges for a variety of Technician level positions. In these roles, you will have the opportunity to:
· Take ownership of assigned areas within the manufacturing line and develop a thorough understanding of associated process steps, materials, logistics and associated tooling.
· Identify opportunities to make process improvements through the application of Lean and Six Sigma principles and practices.
· Collaborate with key stakeholders to drive projects to closure.
· Routinely report to management the progress of assigned projects; identify dependencies, milestones and at risk items.
· Interact with senior leadership and management. Work cross-functionally with other teams within the Manufacturing organization.
· Upon completion of key assignments in one area of the line, move to another to repeat the process of highlighting opportunities, assessing options and implementing plans.
· Must be currently enrolled in a local college and/or trade school
· An ability to solve complex problems and troubleshooting with little supervision
· Must be a self-starter and quick learner with proven leadership skills
· Knowledge of Lean manufacturing principles preferred, but not required
· Must have strong computer hardware, software and networking skills including knowledge of Windows, network drives, MS explorer navigation and Excel
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Demonstrate a strong interest in building a career in Manufacturing
· Industry experience not required!
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.