We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
We are looking for a Senior Business Planning Manager in the Enterprise Portfolio Management Business Unit at Western Digital. The Senior Planning Manager is responsible for managing worldwide Enterprise HDD business planning, forecast and driving business alignment with revenue, margin and share target for the Enterprise HDD segment. This role reports to Director of Enterprise HDD Portfolio Management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead all R6Q (rolling 6 quarter) planning activities:
- Coordinate financial forecast schedule and calendar as well as set up internal reviews within Enterprise business management organization.
- Work closely with Market intelligence team and customer segment leads to understand TAM, market dynamics and by customer segment/account plan strategies.
- Work with Segment leads on Scenarios and modeling of account portfolio including unit, mix and pricing to achieve share and financial targets.
- Work with deal management to understand pricing dynamics, adjust current and next quarter plan with judgement based on latest Deal closures and sales forecast update.
- Submit unit, mix and price using planning tools in required timeline in forecast cycle.
- Work with Finance to review consolidation outcome, analyze PVMC (price /volume/mix/cost) and forecast variance.
- Publish segment planning book: TAM/volume/Share, strategy, assumptions, key financial metrics, business insights, account strategy and plan.
- Provide and communicate Financial Target & Pricing Budget to Deal Management.
- Monitor attainment; Size business Risk & Opportunities in weekly cadence and recommend course of action to achieve financial forecast and commitment.
- Work closely with product marketing managers, Field Engineers and sales to properly plan product transitions, EOL volume and pricing; provide business case support on long term product transition and pricing strategy.
- Provide guideline to factory build plan & supply allocations, FGI and Flex to ensure alignment of portfolio plan and optimization.
- Manage and hands on with data analytics including volume, pricing and trend analysis and price volume sensitivity.
- Responsible for business unit input and communication for corporate metrics including preparation for earnings, BOD meetings, scorecard and investor calls.
- Work with customer segment leads on product portfolio positioning for Customer QBR meetings.
- Lead in development and improvement of business planning and analytics tools and applications; constantly seeking automation solutions and scale up system capabilities.
- Passionate about business management and driving execution to optimize business outcome
- Familiar with direct account and distribution business/sales operation models with worldwide footprint; Storage industry knowledge is a plus
- Demonstrated leadership and business acumen in driving cross-functional discussions and solving problems
- Strong communication and presentation skill in both verbal and written
- Energetic and proactive, being able to drive multiple projects under time pressure
- Highly analytical, extremely detail oriented and able to guide team towards data driven decision making processes.
- 10+ years of experience in Revenue planning, business operations, Sales finance, business and product planning, or other related business managerial field
- Savvy with data analytic tools including Hyperion Essbase, SQL, OBIEE, SAAS, Tableau
- MBA preferred
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.