We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
We are seeking a Technical Support Engineer (L2) who will provide support to customers, partners, and OEMs of WDC products. Our customers, from large traditional enterprises and software companies to, Hyperscale datacenters including the latest and hottest web startups, demand more help and guidance to make best use of our technology, and support is crucial for success.
The Technical Support Center team is the single point of contact that helps our customers, field, development partners, and channel partners learn how to use the fastest and most reliable solid state storage technology in the world and helps them preserve and enhance the value derived from our products through reactive and proactive services:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create, manage and respond to support cases submitted by customers, partners, and OEMs experiencing challenges using WDC products and software.
- Provide exceptional customer support to WDC Customers via telephone calls, email, and Shared Screen communications.
- Manage support cases, drive to resolve cases and support customers quickly and efficiently.
- Author and submit knowledgebase articles based on customer issues and interactions.
- Attend meetings and trainings as required.
- Ensure Support offerings are provided to our customers within the specified SLA.
- Ensure timely, quality responses to customer, partner and OEM inquiries and proactive communications as needed, to enhance customer satisfaction and minimize service down time.
- Provide in office customer service and support.
- Follow-through and manage active software problems and advancements between WDC, Customers, Partners and OEMs.
- Provide hardware and/or software support, as applicable
- Bachelor’s Engineering degree.
- Experience with operating systems including Linux, Solaris, MAC OS X, VMware ESX and Windows Server 2008-2012 - Must
- 12-15 years in a technical call center/help desk as a support representative or equivalent experience in a technology troubleshooting-related field or equivalent experience.
- Enterprise Virtualization experience, VMware, Hyper-V – an advantage.
- Experience in Enterprise: Communications, Storage, Operating Systems, High Performance Computing, Virtual Desktop Implementations or Flash based Storage.
- Experience installing, troubleshooting, and servicing enterprise server products from HP, Dell, IBM, Lenovo, or Supermicro.
- Experience supporting data center solutions, Hyperscale solutions, or enterprise customer support.
- Professional certifications including VMware VCP, MCSA, Brocade Product Expert, SNIA, Juniper, Solaris, or Red Hat Certified Engineer.
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law