Supervisor, Production Planning
Requisition No: JR-0000040620
Location: Batu Kawan, Penang
We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans, schedules, coordinates and/or monitors final approval of products through the complete production cycle
- Works from engineering plans and production specifications to establish production schedules, labor loading, and capacity requirements
- Coordinates production plans to ensure materials are provided according to schedules.
- Be responsible for production planning, including the required changes to loading plans, FG dates to meet customer requirement
- Daily monitoring of Work Orders performance to ensure WO close on timely manner
- Daily clearance/ update of past due work order to ensure overall MRP is driven correctly.
- Support daily production orders release to follow up production status and shipment.
- Ensure proper system transaction is completed.
- Manage production open order in system.
- Ensure can accomplish order fulfillment KPI e.g. build plan execution, OTD, inventory management, cycle time performance and MLT.
- Manage a group of production control operators (IPPC) who performs the monitoring of planning activities at the production floor.
- Responsible for continuous improvement and process/ product fill rate performance monitoring.
- BS/BA degree or anything equivalent
- 2 - 3 years of related experience.
- ERP knowledge. SAP experience is preference.
- Production control experience.
- Fluent in Microsoft Excel.
- Short experiences in Supply chain and order management are additional advantages.
- Able to achieve results in a fast moving and dynamic environment.
- Strong team building skills.
- Able to troubleshoot and analyze complex problems.
- Able to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- In-depth knowledge and understand of department strategic objectives and goals.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Dynamic, motivated, and results oriented creative thinker.
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.