We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
Seeking a passionate, product-focused Senior Linux Software Engineer who thrives on delivering exceptional results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a Senior Software Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Playing an important role in delivering network storage products and services for the Client solutions
- Developing new features for high performance network storage products
- Strong understanding of how these Open Source packages operate within Linux, Linux kernel internals, RAID, TCP/IP etc are crucial for these positions.
- Participating in the design, development, testing and deployment of high performance, high quality, secure and fault-tolerant software running on network storage devices
- Working in a highly cross-functional capacity, partnering with product management, QA, support, and service delivery
- 7+ years of relevant experience and a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent OR 4+ years of relevant experience and a Master’s degree
- Experience with development of high-performance Linux-based storage systems
- Proven ability to make solid, independent technical decisions for high performance, low resource server software.
- Experience with Open Source Software Integration.
- Strong knowledge in Linux Kernel and Linux-based OSes like Debian
- Experience in RAID - software RAID (MD/BTRFS/ZFS) & file-systems like EXT4, BTRFS, NTFS, HFS.
- Experience with arm & x86 hardware architectures
- Strong Linux diagnostic and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience in Support & Field analysis (FA)
- AWS Cloud experience is a plus
- Agile software development using SCRUM or Kanban is a plus.
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.