- Creates models and fabrication drawings for mechanical, optical and fluid management components via Solid Works 2016.
- Creates critical to function inspection drawings used by vendors and IQA.
- Adheres to corporate drawing standards and uses GD&T tolerancing.
- Provides stack up tolerance analysis when necessary.
- Works directly with end users to determine project requirements and goals.
- Applies cost reduction techniques on all projects.
- Completes First Article process for all prototypes.
- Works in clean room environment when necessary.
- Maintains accurate project schedules and provides regular progress updates to management and internal customers.
- Adheres to ECN processes and maintains P/N traceability at all times.
- Obtains quotes from vendors and places PR’s in Oracle in support of his/her projects.
- Ensures vendors have the latest drawing revision prior to fabrication.
- Works with Incoming Inspection to determine if parts meet specifications.
- Creates and releases Design Engineering related process documentation.
- Responds to down equipment escalations and maintains a flexible attitude when faced with frequent urgent project requests.
- Minimum Requirement: BS in Mechanical Engineering
- 7-10 years Mechanical Design experience in the Semiconductor or HHD industry.
- Previous wafer fab Design Engineering experience preferred.
- Must be a confident Solid Works practitioner capable of modeling complex assemblies and creating fabrication drawings using GD&T tolerancing.
- Experienced with high vacuum equipment, precision mechanics, optical systems, electromechanical assemblies, fluid mechanics and chemical/ materials compatibility.
- Functional Skills / competencies:
- Performs component or system level FEA upon request.
- Has project management training and is competent with MS Project, Word and Excel.
- Able to simultaneously manage multiple projects in a manufacturing environment.
- Has experience working directly with machine shops or other vendors.
- Direct experienced with ERP and the business functions related to fabricating and procuring quality components for a Manufacturing organization.
- Can lift up to 25lbs.
- Able to sit at desk for more than 3 hours continuously.
- Able to inspect and measure equipment in tight spaces inside a cleanroom or chase.