We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In this position, you will technically lead and participate in development of advanced system architectures and complex simulation models for Western Digital’s next generation solid state drive products.
- You will need to initiate and analyze changes to the architecture of the product affecting hardware and firmware designs.
- Typical activities include designing, programming, debugging, and modifying simulation models in order to evaluate these changes and assess the performance, power, and endurance of the product.
- You will work closely with other system, firmware, and ASIC architects, cope with complex challenges, innovate, and develop products that will be sold in millions of units.
- At least 10 years in real-time / embedded systems architecture
- M.S. in Computer Science or Software / Computer / Electrical Engineering
- Experienced in simulation, behavioral modeling, and performance analysis
- Strong programming and debugging experience with C++, System C, and TLM and scripting automation using Python
- In depth understanding of solid state drives or other storage devices
- Capable of developing wide system view for complex embedded systems
- Multi-disciplinary experience, including familiarity with Firmware and ASIC design
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team player
- Ability to work as part of a global team in multiple geographies
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law