We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
The Memory Technology Group is at the core of the Legacy SanDisk Engineering Organization which Western Digital owns. We are building a cutting edge 3D memory in our multiple billion dollars Fab. Our memory provides performance, power, and endurance at a lower cost but on quality. The Memory Technology organization is a strategic entity for the company, and we are growing. Our group functions as a start-up within WDC, and offers a creative, fast paced, entrepreneurial work environment where you’ll be at the center of WDC innovation.
We are looking for an experienced Designers to lead and deliver projects for our Memory Design team as well as talented and highly motivation junior engineers. This is a great opportunity for a results-oriented, entrepreneurial individual who knows how to work with non-volatile memory world-class engineers and who has a great track record for delivering innovative results.
You will need to think creatively about the memory as we do take pride in our craftsmanship. We do work together with all engineering teams to identify and execute on the most disciplined way. Your success will be measured by your ability to build great designs that deliver innovation that unlock revenue opportunities for the company.
Join the Memory Technology Design Team and become a leader of this highly motivated, cooperative and focused team!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In this position, the individual will be responsible for development of advanced 3D NAND flash technology.
- The individual will work on characterizations and optimizations of flash memory with the focus on improving the reliability and performance of memory cell.
- The individual will also work on analyzing the root cause of reliability issues and identifying their solutions.
- The individual will work closely with engineers from process, design, device, product, test, and system engineering groups.
- This position requires a M.S. or Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering, Applied physics, Material Science, or a related field, and 3+ years of relevant industry experience.
- It requires in-depth knowledge of semiconductor device physics, familiarity with advanced semiconductor processes, and knowledge in design of experiment and data analysis.
- Non-volatile memory device experience is a plus.
- The individual shall have strong analytical skills, and preferably have experience with scripting languages and/or statistical analysis tools.
- The individual must have the proven ability to achieve results in a fast moving, dynamic environment.
- The individual must be self-motivated and self-directed, must demonstrate ability to work well with people within and outside the team.
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.