We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
This position reports to the Director of Internal Audit. This individual should have a strong understanding of US generally accepted accounting principles, COSO principles of internal control, the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, and major financial and operational processes in a technology environment. The individual must be a team player, have a positive “can do” attitude, and the willingness to learn new concepts in a fast paced and change driven environment. The individual should be a self-starter, accept responsibility to meet and/or exceed deadlines and maintain a current knowledge base of accounting and audit industry practices and to ensure best practices are always considered. The individual must have the ability to positively interact with management and staff at all levels. The Manager of Internal Audit should also have an aptitude for understanding and analyzing business processes and controls and the ability to make constructive recommendation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead and execute projects in accordance with the annual audit plan.
- Apply experience and skills on selected audits to ensure successful project completion in accordance with the established schedule.
- Assists in determining proper risk based scope of test work as well as plays a key role in planning, execution, and reporting activities.
- Offer effective supervision to, and review the work of, other auditors.
- Prepares audit work papers as well as document audit results in a manner that reflects the highest professional standards.
- Examines documentation and verifies controls in accordance with stated policies and practices.
- Presents verbal and written reports on audit results and recommends corrective actions or improvement as required.
- Tracks, monitors, and validates completion of audit observations. Actively participate, and add value in the assessing the adequacy of management responses and corrective actions implemented.
- Assists in the Internal Audit risk assessment, identifying risks and controls, updating the audit of auditable entities, and proposing audit areas/projects as part of the annual audit plan.
- Participates in Sarbanes-Oxley Act compliance audit to ensure that financial controls are in place.
- Participates in internal ethics and fraud investigation and assists in ad-hoc projects when needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Accounting, Finance or related field
- Professional certification as a Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) and/or Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Minimum of 6 years of hands-on external and/or internal audit experience.
- Experience with auditing in high-tech and global environment preferred
- Big Four experience preferred
- Team and people management skills
- Be able to train and mentor staff to help them improve skills and behaviors necessary for a strong professional and career growth
- Be able to present and articulate value added audit recommendations to leads members of Management.
- Knowledge of the COSO internal control framework and the Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 requirements
- Solid understanding of business processes as well as Enterprise Resource Planning systems
- Ability to work in ambiguous environments
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to effectively present information to management
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment
- Ability to persuade and influence others
- Knowledge and experience of testing IT general and application controls and experience with Oracle and SAP financials is a plus
- The position will be based in Milpitas / San Jose, CA
- This individual should be willing to travel up to 20% with the travel being domestic and international in nature.
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.